My Journey to Freedom

Sunday, October 15, 2006


My First Official Outing!
Friday night was my church's annual banquet, Evening of Elegance. This is a picture of my favorite person, my supporter, my best friend, my man! (Isn't he handsome!) Anyway, I was a lil nervous about my hair because it's so new and so short and I wasn't sure what folks would say about it. I ended up rolling (what lil roll i could get) on Soft Spike rollers that I ordered on Monday and had just come earlier that day. I am go grateful that I had enough sense to order the small ones.. lol. Anyway, I rolled my itty bitty locs and took a nap. I woke up and took them down and they were cute. So I was good. I put on my diva face and went to the banquet. I got a lot of compliments as well as a lot of stares. That's always the funny thing to me. Some people were talkin to my hair. You know how they are looking at your hair, but they really don't want to ask you what's up with it.. LOL. I think it's funny. All in all it was a good day and the banquet that I had been planning and stressing over for the last few weeks was a great success. All praises to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

2 Comments:

  • You and your man make a great couple. You looked wonderful and elegant for that evening. I will be sporting my locs for the first time on the evening of Dec. 15th. I am not nervous now. Thanks alot.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM  

  • you were worried? you rocked those baby sl's. you both look awesome.

    By Blogger C & C, at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home