My Journey to Freedom

Monday, October 23, 2006





















My Week of Firsts

Well I just had to write to let you all know how my very first week of being SisterLoc'd went. I have to admit it was a lil scary. It's hard waking up every morning not sure what your hair is going to look like underneath that silk bonnet. But each day I awoke to something wonderful and beautiful. I told you in my previous post that last Friday was my first official outing with SisterLocks and that went just fine, then I had my first day on a new job Monday the 16th and I was nervous about how my new employer would react. I was nervous because I am the only African American in the office. So I wasn't sure how they would look at my new look since I didn't have it when I interviewed. My supervisor is super cool and she told me that she loved my hair and that it was very "trendy". So that made my day. I still get some that just talk to my hair, but they will get over it. It rained on Tuesday, so again I was nervous and then I realized that I didn't have to worry about my hair (yippie). First time ever! Then when I was at Soulard Market I had my first public compliment. I was just walking and comparing prices of fruit until my man told me that the woman was speaking to me. I said "oh I'm sorry?" She repeated "your hair is beautiful!" Of course I was cheesing all over the place. You know that Sistas don't always compliment each other, so I took that to heart. It made me stand a lil bit taller (I’m already short enough)

I have decided to wait until this weekend to wash my hair, so that will be another first. I'll keep you posted...


Lovin' my SisterLocks

10 Comments:

  • NOM,
    Your locks are so cute and the color is FIERCE!*. I am trying to keep up with documenting my SL journey too, but with school and work, you know how it is.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 PM  

  • You are well on your way, hang in there. Beautiful locks and beautiful color girlfriend!

    By Blogger Creyole, at 7:48 PM  

  • Congratulations -- what a way to start!

    Your locks are so pretty and the blonde tips are spunky!

    By Blogger brunsli, at 11:38 PM  

  • Your locks look wonderful and I really love that color!

    By Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion, at 10:57 AM  

  • Just marvelous! I can tell you are adjusting to your SL's quite well.
    Keep it up.

    By Blogger Goodnapps, at 5:20 PM  

  • Hey Nappy Texan girl, Thanks for the compliments.. some days I hate the color other days I love it. I am loving it more and more everyday. It's an adjustment! Also, I am going to be checking back with you to see how you are coming along, I know how hard it is to have time for yourself, so just whenever you get a minute, sneak online! :)

    Lachanda, Brunsli, Tanya, and Sistalocd, thanks a bunch. I have visited all of you wonderful ladies pages for inspiration several times and it has worked! THANK YOU!

    By Blogger Nappy Ole Me, at 5:36 PM  

  • Your color looks good! I wish I had the courage to color my locks.

    Abena

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

  • Congrats and welcome home to the wonderful world of Sisterlocks. Your locks are just adorable - length, color and style. Go ahead and sport 'em gurl!

    By Blogger BlaqKofi, at 6:21 PM  

  • FYI - Just wanted to make you aware of my recent blog change.

    Name "Creyole" instead of LaChanda and
    New blog site is http://creyole.blogspot.com
    New Email Address: creyole@gmail.com

    I know it's asking a bit much but please understand it was a must!

    Peace!

    By Blogger Creyole, at 10:40 AM  

  • i'm so diggin those funky blond tips. it sets your locs off just right!

    By Blogger C & C, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home