My Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

2 Years!!!







Wow, hard to believe, but I have been loc'd for 2 years now. Time really does fly when you are having fun. As I reflect on two years I ask myself if I would change anything. Surprisingly I say yes... If I had to start all over again I would..



  1. have started locking my hair when I first learned about it in 2001. (I would be 7 years locked by now.

  2. have cut my hair evenly before I loc'd. I would have started it out in some type of style.






As you can see the list isn't long.. I love my Sisterlocks. I love my hair. I'm very proud of the way that it has grown. I love the fact that it's virtually maintance free. I spritz and keep on moving, that's the best part for me. Maybe I'm lazy, or maybe I have other things on my plate, but I love the fact that I don't have to slave over my hair. When I first started this journey I wasn't married and I didn't have a 15 month old. Who knew those two things would happen in this short period, but I will tell you because of my locs I never had to worry about my hair being messed up. I can cook, clean, tend to my daughter, tend to my son, tend to my husband (If you know what I mean) and all and all my locs fall right back into place!!! Over the last two year I haven't had to spend countless hours in the beauty shop or walking around here looking like I'm crazy. Thank God for His tireless insight.


One day I hope to get this blogging down to a science, there just aren't enough hours in the day! But when I find time, watch out world!!

















Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home